"Living By The Moon - 2024 Wall and Pocket Calendars include, next to being regular calendars, old and very helpful Celtic Almanac wisdom concerning your health, home, garden and farm.
For easy referral, all symbols are explained in the legends in last pages of the wall calendar resp. the first pages of the pocket calendar. Taking the time to read through them all, will allow you a good idea about how the rhythms apply in general and specifically. Not everything can be mentioned in a calendar, but the principals apply to all activities in our lives.
A 1 hour seminar has been recorded (February 25th, 2021) and the video is available on my FB page Isa Kirk and my YouTube channel Essential Touch. https://www.facebook.com/blackhillsfloweressences or https://youtu.be/VYLoakXXxK0. Seminars are planned for the winter of 2023 / 2024. I hope to be live streaming on ZOOM as well as recording for YouTube.
Included in my calendars:
- All US and some Christian holidays, many Celtic / Pagan and some Norse holidays and some other important days.
- The Zodiac sign governing each day and how their characteristics and qualities can influence us and our daily tasks.
- Day Qualities like weather patterns associated with the zodiac signs
- Body parts governed by the day qualities and zodiac signs (when to nurture, when to release, when to have surgery and when better not, etc.)
- Mercury Retrograde Phases (good for finishing things, not so good for starting new projects or closing contracts etc.)
- Sirius Rising & Setting (the earth is adjusting itself during this time, its elements are in uproar, weather patterns erratic and our emotions follow suit. Since 2021 the energy portal to Sirius is permanently open.
- The new and full moons, including times in MST, as well as the lunar and solar eclipses.
- Equinoxes and solstices
- Void of Course Moon dates and times (the time between the last important aspect and the moon's entry into the next sign - a time to reflect rather than push forward)
- Best times to plant and harvest, to go grocery shopping, wash windows and laundry, transplant, prune shrubs and trees or build fences and in general how things flow according to the natural rhythms and so much more.
All times are listed in US Mountain Standard Time.
1. Wall Calendar features stunning photos of renown photographers, like Mike Wolforth, Rapid City, SD, and others, including myself, mostly taken in the Black Hills of SD and art design on the front cover.
The wall calendar also features brief explanations for some of the listed Holidays - Pagan, Celtic, Norse, Christian as well as other influential time periods, such as Mercury Retrograde or Void of Course Moon times etc. on each page.
Size: double letter size when hanging open (11" w x 18" h). The spiral binding is quite sturdy and so are all the pages. Flip to the las page to find the symbol legends.
2. The handy Pocket Calendar features the same symbols and explanations in the legends (up front, first pages). Each week is one half page, starting with Monday. the other half has lines for our notes, so plenty to make it a still small, but suitable working calendar. The cover is made with non-tear-able paper, sturdy and robust, therefore very suitable for every day use
Size: 1/4 letter size (4.5" w x 5.5" h). The spiral binding is quite sturdy and so are all the pages.
Once you work with it a bit you will get a feel for Nature's bio rhythms, why things work one day and not so much another, why your body is more active on some days and not so much on others, when to go to the dentist or hair dresser and when better not etc. I have been utilizing this knowledge for many years now and it helped me with my daily activities as well as health concerns, not to speak of being able to predict weather patterns, in spite of what the weather channel says.
I use it when creating my flower essences just as much when considering baking, cleaning windows, planting the herb and veggie garden or trimming my horses hooves and much more. It contains valuable knowledge accumulated for thousands of years by observation and used everywhere throughout the Germanic and Celtic world. Some of it is in use more and more today again as organic gardening and alternative health care for example becomes more popular again.
Here is a link to my introductory video in my YouTube channel Isa Kirk: https://youtu.be/I34rxnzjmqg
There is also a 2 hour recorded seminar about the calendars and how to work with them.
I am happy to answer any questions you might have.